- Parents world-wide are traveling with babies and toddlers in increasing numbers on cruise ships, leisure boats and airplanes. Parents’ efforts to protect and keep their babies safe when traveling are stymied by the lack of a viable safety solution for boat and plane travel.
- For adults, there are lifejackets, seat belts, oxygen masks, etc. For under 2 year old infants, there is nothing. Approximately 17.5 million parents, 25-34 years of age, went boating with their children with no open water PFD for their babies. Yet “Drowning is responsible for more deaths among children 1-4 than any other cause except congenital anomalies (birth defects).” (CDC) And “The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends a mandatory federal requirement for restraint use for children on aircraft.”
- On airplanes, approximately 9.3 million infants are flying where there are life vests, flotation seat cushions, seat belts, etc. for adults, but not for babies.
- Parents with infants living on islands and along the many continental coast lines face threats of floods, hurricanes, tsunamis, typhoons, and more, but without a quickly available safety aid for their babies.
- And in case of disasters or emergencies, adults can call for help, babies cannot. The Baby Life Seat provides a tool for first responders to find our babies.
Government agencies are mandated to keep all passengers safe, but no product exists to comply with enforcement of those mandates for babies traveling beyond cars.
Safety focused product manufacturers are passionate about infant safety, but have no product to offer or endorse.
Car seat manufacturers are eager and motivated to increase their revenue streams, sustainable market share and safety brand by expanding into new and untapped markets globally. Yet they have no product to open these markets.